It is mutually agreed, that this permit is granted to hereafter “Concessionaire”; by Macon County Fair Association, Inc. hereafter “Fair” for the sole and only purpose of operating a food and drink concession during the Macon County Fair on the dates of June 7 – 11, 2023, for which the said concessionaire agrees to pay the following:
Flat fee which will cover a 20 ft. x 20 ft. spot
Macon County Health Department Temporary Food Permit Paid directly to: Health Dept. NOT the Fair.
for extra freezer, stock trailer, or vehicle storage
This contract is subject to the following conditions: Move in allowed no sooner than
June 6 unless otherwise approved by Director of Vendors.
- Any space unclaimed as of noon June 7, 2023, is forfeited and may be resold. This contract will become null and void and no refunds of monies advanced will be made.
- All units must be in place and ready for operation by 5:00 pm, Wednesday, June 7, 2023 and remain in place until the end of the demolition derby on Sunday, June 11, 2023. Hours of operation will be at least 5 pm – 10 pm Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Hours of operation on Saturday will be at least 11:00 am – 11:00 pm and Sunday will be at least 12:00 pm to the end of the demolition derby. Opening earlier and closing later is permitted at your discretion.
- Only the sale of food and drink is permitted under this permit and must be contained within your assigned space. No roving sales are permitted or the sale of any other commodity not specified on the menu addendum.
- Any unit occupying a space must be clean and well maintained as determined by the appointed personnel of the Macon County Fair Association. Each unit must comply with all federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Each unit must be powered from an electrical distribution box suitable for connection to the Fair’s power supply. The Fair electrician will make connection to the power supply and all wiring must comply with applicable electrical codes as determined by the Fair electrician. Your unit must be properly grounded.
- Concession trailers must have the ability to have self-contained water. Water is available on the fairgrounds, but you may not necessarily be able hooked to the water faucets. Gray water will not be released arbitrarily from your space. It must be contained and disposed of in an area designated by the Fair. Used cooking oil will be disposed of in the grease container provided by the Fair. All trash must be placed in containers provided by and serviced by the Fair. Generally, your space must be kept neat and clean so as to project a positive image to Fairgoers. Concessionaires are responsible for keeping area around their space clean and free of litter. The Fair reserves the right to impose a fine of $50./day for failure to comply. Roll off dumpsters are available for concessionaires to use. You are not permitted to use the public trash bins located around the Fairgrounds. The Fair reserves the right to impose a fine if you are caught using the public trash bins.
- The size of the space is determined by all components of the unit occupying space; hitch, awnings, seating, stakes, etc.
- All supplies and stock must be kept off walk and roadways. Stock vehicles must be parked in the area designated by the Fair.
- No loud speakers, amplifiers, radios or other broadcasting devices can be used in your space.
- This contract is not transferable or assignable.
- The Concessionaire and their employees will park in the area designated by the Fair.
- Your menu and prices must be clearly posted within your space. Competition is encouraged, but gouging and price undercutting will not be tolerated.
- In case the Concessionaire and their employees or agents violate any federal, state, or local laws, rules or regulations, or conditions herein, all further right to transact business under this contract shall, at the option of the Macon County Fair Association, Inc., at once become forfeited without any right of the said Concessionaire to recover any part of the money that has already been paid on this contract. Said Concessionaire and their equipment shall be removed from the fairgrounds without delay.
- The Macon County Fair Association, Inc. will not be liable in any way to the Concessionaire if the 2023 Macon County Fair is not held due to no fault of the Association.
- The Concessionaire agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Macon County Fair Association, Inc. and its officers and directors from any and all liability resulting from operations under this contract, and shall provide a certificate of insurance, listing the Macon County Fair Association as an additional insured, with this contract.
- The Fair will no longer obtain your Macon County Food Service Permit. Upon receipt and approval of your vendor application, we will forward your information to the Macon County Health Dept. They will then contact you to arrange permit payment and inspections. Below is our contact at the Health Dept. Brian Wood, Asst. Director of Environmental Health 217-423-6988 Ext. 1119 firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions may be directed to Food Vendor Chairs-