Dallas E. Beyer Memorial Scholarship
The Macon County Fair Association is accepting applications for the 2024 Dallas E. Beyer Memorial Scholarship.
Dallas E. Beyer was a world-class individual. He is remembered today as a great steward, supporter, and constant fixture of the Macon County Fair. He spent over 20 years volunteering in a very time-consuming capacity, as Treasurer and Fair board member, and helped steer the fair into some of its best times. All who knew Dallas, loved him dearly. He was a polite and thoughtful friend, mentor, and a generous supporter of this organization.
We are now re-introducing this scholarship opportunity. The fair will fund it by using our general fund. A $1000 scholarship will be awarded annually, which is paid to the school of choice for a university, college or trade school bound senior, or college aged student who meets the qualifications set below. This scholarship is to honor the high level of service, integrity and kind nature of our friend, Dallas Beyer.
-Evan Hall, President. Macon County Fair Association.
• Applications Open October 1, 2023
• Applications Due March 1, 2024, at 11:59pm
• Committee Meets at March MCF Assoc. board meeting, and scholarship committee reviews, and tally scores of each submitted application.
• Recipient will be notified immediately.
• Open to part-time or full-time students.
- College Bound Senior, or college student majoring in an agriculture-related studies.
- Post High School age individuals seeking trade school/vocational school education based on agriculturalbased careers (i.e. diesel tech programs, John Deere or Case IH programs, etc.)
- Recipient will be responsible for providing documentation such as transcripts to Scholarship committee each semester.
- Macon County Residents will be given precedence. Any Illinois resident may apply.
- Selected recipient must provide enrollment documentation.
- Monies awarded will be paid directly to the university, college, or trade school, not to the individual.